Party Planning

So, I spent the weekend of October 22, 2011 shopping for decorations for our 2nd Annual Family Harvest Party.

Since most of us family members here in Dallas love to get together and do things collectively, we thought it'd be a great idea to start a family tradition so we can instill some family values into the kids, you know, the next generation coming up behind us.

I was able to find some hanging Fall, decorative leaves and pumpkins. I also found the perfect florals at Michael's Craft Store to create a Fall Themed Centerpiece. I'll have to upload some pictures after the party.

I also found a cute door wreath and confetti to sprinkle around the tables.
My cousin found a Pumpkin Patch not too far away from Dallas. So, we'll take all the kids to the Pumpkin Patch on Saturday.

Here's the plan:
Friday night, everyone will show up at my place. We'll laugh, play games, listen to music, watch Charlie Brown & the Great Pumpkin Patch, and eat popcorn and other snacks until we all doze off. Yep, it'll be a sleep over event.

The next morning, we'll have breakfast, and head on out to the Pumpkin Patch where the kids will get to enjoy their very first hayride and participate in many other activities.

Once we leave the Pumpkin Patch, we'll decide on what to do next.
The even kicks off this Friday, October 28, 2011.

I'd like to continue this tradition year after year, expanding it to different locations and eventually having other family members from New Orleans participate, and maybe even include friends. I just want to see it grow into a huge event that represents all things united in love, unity, and bountiful blessings, as those are the very things Family and Harvest represent or symbolize to me.

Stay Tuned for the pictures...

Peace & Blessings!

~K.R. Brumfield

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Ties

Be Prepared!

Dark Girls Rise!