Prom 2008: Trendy or Flimsy?

What is really going on with this generation today? Have they lost their minds?! I do not understand how high school staff & parents allow these students to wear such inappropriate things to prom!! Please explain to me how one gets away with wearing a jogging suit & tennis shoes to a prom? How does one get away with wearing dresses revealing your belly or showing off too much cleavage or wearing so-called "booty shorts"?

I'm sure many of you saw the excerpt on CNN news a while back about the high school student in the gold dress that was turned away from her prom because of her dress. I was listening to a radio show that same day, and quite a few high school students were calling in saying how embarrassed they were for the girl in the dress.

When I was in high school (which wasn't that long ago), students would be turned around & sent home if they were to show up in something too revealing or inappropriate!

I understand that every teenager wants to be different, unique, or trendy, but come on....at what cost? At the cost of "leaving nothing to the imagination"? Please!!! One can still be trendy and sassy, but with dignity, class, and respect, not looking as though you're ready to turn a few tricks!! I know that sounds harsh...but is our next generation being raised as a bunch of pimps & tricks? And, I know I'm not the only one that feels this way. If you agree with me, leave a comment. If you don't agree, still leave a comment. I am interested in what everyone has to say about this, because at this rate we have to do something about this prom dress code before there is no more prom!!


I've been thinking about starting a fashion police squad, whereas we'd issue tickets to parents of under aged students wearing inappropriate or indecent prom attire. Think about it: Are these students buying these clothes with their own money? If so, then they'd be the ones issued a ticket...not the parents. On the other hand, if the parents are buying this prom attire, then the parents should get a ticket. Think about it...there are many t.v. shows that advise others on what to wear. Leave a comment & tell me what you think.

















































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Ties

Be Prepared!

Dark Girls Rise!