The Family That Preys

Tyler Perry is doing the darn thang!! This movie is awesome!! I know it just came out on Sept. 12th but I can't wait for it to come out on DVD!

My cousin and I went to see it on opening night. We couldn't stop laughing at the character Ben, which is Tyler Perry's role in the movie. We laughed because he looked so much like my cousin with that uneven afro, green T-shirt and zip-up jacket! hahahaha.....and he had the nerve to be tall and husky just like my cousin. Oh my goodness...I'm laughing again just thinking about it!!

I must say that the character that Rockmund Dunbar played was very naive and foolish!!! So many people in the movie theater just wanted to slap some sense into him. When you see the movie you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. I kept saying to myself...he is sooooo Blind!! He needs to read my book Blinded. There were too many signs right in front of his face.

Taraji Hensen's character was the typical down-to-earth sista'. She wasn't 'bout no foolishness and knew how to love, support, and encourage her man!

Sanaa Lathan....now that's another story! Her character in the movie was just down right trifling and disrespectful!! I love her as an actress, and she played this part very well!!!! Very deceitful and cunning!

Robin Givens was also amazing! Sista' girl had it going on!!!! I loved when she told the former C.O.O. where to get off!!! Her character was on point about a lot of things pertaining to us Black woman.

Then there's Alfree Woodard....she was the typical Black mother trying to do her best to keep the family together and on the right track.

Kathy Bates was also incredible. I loved how she didn't show favoritism and give him the position just because he was her son. The one thing that Robin Givens' character and Kathy Bates' character have in common is truly believing in letting your credentials/work show for itself, and not trying to "prey on the weak" or scheme your way up to the top!

I would advise everyone to go and see this movie. It is a great storyline and will have you shouting and screaming at certain scenes. Yes, this movie is all that!! It keeps your attention from beginning to end, and if you're analytical like me....you'll see warning signs from the very beginning that lets you know there will be trouble in a few scenes to come.

Go see the movie!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Ties

Be Prepared!

Dark Girls Rise!