Straight Outta....the Box Office!

This is my follow-up post to my previous Blog post titled: "Straight Outta".

Just as I figured, the movie Straight Outta Compton blew the Box Office Records out the park. The movie's Gross Earnings for the opening weekend of August 14-16, 2015 was $56,100,000!
Remember in my previous post I said, let's see how much the film will earn, who will reap the financial benefits of the film, and where will the money go?

Well, it looks as though Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, & Universal Studios will earn the bulk of the Revenue generated from this film.

With Ice Cube & Dr. Dre's collective earnings or Net Worth from over the years, they should start their own Distribution Company, which would allow more African-American Artists,  Producers, and Film Makers to capitalize on their investments!
Yes, Ice Cube has his own Production Company called Cube Vision, but ALL Production Companies still need Distribution deals to Market & distribute the content.

I still have not seen the movie yet, but based on the numbers, I'd say this film should be a financial lesson to ALL businesses, film makers, artists, producers, etc...

Here is the link to the Box Office Earnings for this past weekend:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

Have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Ties

Be Prepared!

Dark Girls Rise!