Communication is Key!

So, I was listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show this morning and the Strawberry Letter was read.
Title: "My Husband Donated His Sperm to His Ex."

My first reaction was: "What?!"
Then as Steve began to read the letter, there were a few things that stood out to me:
1.) In order for her to find out 2 years AFTER the child was born, that let's me know that he failed to communicate the plans with his current wife.
2.) How did she find out about the child?
3.) If the husband was so quick & willing to run to the needs of his ex-wife, but brush the current wife off several times when she wanted to have a baby, that's a clear sign of his priorities.  The current wife is NOT his top priority.

Now although she is contemplating divorcing her husband and he has apologized for everything,  it is Not going to be that easy to repair the broken trust & lack of Communication.

My next thoughts were more in line with one of my husband's cousins: "I wish a N***a would!" If a dude tried to pull that B.S. on me, I'd be like: You got me twisted! What I look like staying with you AFTER you done sat up here and fathered a baby with your ex?! Are you stupid?! I don't care what kind of agreement y'all had, she could easily change her mind & hit your ass up for child support! Duh!
What I look like agreeing to have unnecessary,  extra money coming out of our household because of some poor decision you made?!
It'll be different if y'all already had a child together BEFORE we got married, but AFTER? No, it doesn't work like that.

Then of course, my thoughts shifted gears...we don't ever really know what we'd do about a certain situation until we're actually faced with the dilemma.

The bottom line is this...
As long as people COMMUNICATE with one another, it allows healthy discussions and wise decision making. Some decisions are not to be made alone when you're married, because it could ultimately affect the whole marriage and/or household.
If this guy would've just talked to his wife up front,  then they could've talked it through, but he didn't,  and probably because he already knew she would not go along with it.
What do you all think about this situation?
Oh by the way...the guy says he fathered the child through IVF (In - vitro Fertilization).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Ties

Be Prepared!

Dark Girls Rise!