Leave No Money on the Table

Greetings on this Wonderful Wednesday!
Here's my TIP for today:
Leave NO Money on the Table! When doors of opportunity knock, you need to be available to answer.

I have been in the Healthcare Industry for the past 9 years, working in Accounts Receivables, and too many times I see doctors leaving "money on the table". All because his/her staff failed to do their job or go above & beyond to do their due diligence to bring in the Revenue!

Case in point:
I fight with health insurance companies all day to get claims paid. When I tell you most of the trends I find are Front End issues, you would not believe it! Doctors are losing so much money (I'm talking hundreds of thousands of dollars, maybe millions) because of lazy or incompetent staff among various other reasons.
Due to New HIPAA Laws, All providers (doctors) must have a unique National Provider Identification Number (NPI) on file with various medical insurance carriers.
Well, in most cases, the issue I'm finding is that some providers are NOT Credentialed with certain insurance companies. What that means is, they have not taken the time to submit a Provider Network Enrollment form to that particular insurance, which includes having their NPI, DBA Name (Doing Business As), M.D. License info, Specialty info, & Practice address info. Without having this information in place, it causes patient's medical claims to get denied as Out-of-Network, because indeed...the provider (doctor) is Out-of-Network!
So, in most cases when the claim processes Out-of-Network, the provider will NOT be paid. Thus, their Revenue is affected.

That's just 1 example of how money is "Left on the Table". I could give plenty more examples, but I think y'all understand where I'm coming from.

Basically, do your due diligence to bring in the money, to increase your Revenue!
Don't Leave any Money on the Table!
#GoGetIt

Peace & Blessings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Ties

Be Prepared!

Dark Girls Rise!