Jamaica in July
















I know it's been a while since my last post, but I've been rather busy.








So, I titled this post "Jamaica in July", because that's just it...I traveled to Jamaica in July. It was my very first time there, but definitely not my last! I had a blast! One of my best friends, a friend of hers, and a friend of her friend as well as myself left for Montego Bay, Jamaica on July 21, 2010. It was quite an experience.

We hung out at the beach, went to Margaritaville, ate at the Jamaican Bobsled Cafe' several times, and mingled with a few of the locals. We also visited one of the flea markets amongst the hills along the Hip Strip. There was so much to choose from! The jewelry was very pretty. So, of course you know I had to bring some things back home.

Anyway, I had a great time! The drinks at the Jamaican Bobsled Cafe' (I recommend a drink called the Ice Breaker) were really good! Also, a drink called Flaming Bob Marley @ Doctor's Cave Bar was good.

We also attended the Reggae Sumfest. It's an annual, one week long Reggae Music Festival that hosts many talented musical artists locally from Jamaica as well as abroad. We went on both International Nights: Friday, July 23rd & Saturday, July 24th. On Friday, we saw performances by Chris Brown, Queen Ifrica, & Etana. Then on Saturday, we saw Shaggy, Usher, Tarrus Riley, Beenie Man, and a few others. These concerts usually last the entire night, well into the next morning. Because it rained so much on Thursday, there was a lot of mud on the grounds where the Festival was held. I'm glad I wore the right shoes. lol.... Yes, the even was held outdoors.

I could go on forever explaining how the trip to Jamaica was, but I won't. I'll stop right here, and let the pictures speak for themselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Ties

Be Prepared!

Dark Girls Rise!